Safely and naturally withdrawing from drugs and alcohol can and should be done as soon as humanly possible. People are dying and getting excessively ill from over used (abused) medications, alcohol and drugs.
What drugs can one safely withdraw from at home with minimal medical supervision and in which situations should you seek out close medical assistance?
Many people want desperately to end their dependence on drugs and alcohol, but few know the secrets of how to withdraw comfortably and effectively.
How does one eliminate the nervous anxiety and difficulty sleeping during withdrawal?
Seek Medical Assistance
One should always seek some sort of assessment and supervision from an integrative medical doctor when attempting withdrawal. Integrative medicine is the use of numerous effective healing methods: nutritional, medical (allopathic), naturopathic, chiropractic, homeopathic, etc.
Coming off of certain drugs should be closely supervised by a medical doctor, but not for the reasons most think. Alcohol and benzodiazepines (Xanax, Valium, etc) have nasty side effects, one of those being seizures, after several days into withdrawal.
Methadone withdrawal is often safe, but people routinely are suffering from hidden medical problems that need to be addressed to safely come off methadone. Methadone makes people unfeeling and therefore not perceptive of actual horrible health conditions – malnutrition, tooth decay, bone thinning etc.
5 Steps To Safely Withdrawing From Drugs
- The biggest secret to withdrawing successfully is having a good plan or strategy to succeed. That means preparing oneself physically, environmentally, and mentally for the journey.
- Physically build oneself up through drinking lots of water, taking good supplements, eating, resting etc. See a medical doctor to resolve any found or known problems first.
- Environmentally find a low stress area to be for a week or so.
- Mentally read up on the side effects of the drugs or alcohol so you know exactly what to expect from withdrawing. Knowing why you feel a certain way is half the battle to achieving effective withdrawal.
- Most problems that people have with withdrawal is not knowing and being certain about what’s happening and if it’s a big problem or not. That’s where a competent integrative medical practitioner comes in handy.
Remember, you’re withdrawing, not getting hooked on some other prescription. Taking steps to withdrawing from drugs means getting healthy again. Healthy people live longer, feel better and are happier. There is nothing like living drug-free.
Still have questions?
To find out the exact techniques used by the most effective natural withdrawal centers use for their clients, go to Withdrawing At Home, at www.drugrehabadvisor.com and get the detox video download and instant information on how to feel better right now, even if you’ve started detoxing from methadone. You will be first in line to get our cutting edge video on home withdrawal.
Tibor A. Palatinus, CCDC, is the Director of a Drug / Alcohol Detox and Rehab Consultancy which specializes in Referring Clients to Drug-free Detox and Rehab Programs which End Addiction for Life.
PS: See why addicts keep relapsing despite rehab and find out how to prevent relapse. Go to http://www.detox-narconon.org